Monday, September 13, 2010

9.13.2010


it's the second day here in kyiv. things are going GREAT! i absolutely adore it here. at 1130 this morning my dad and i went to visit the YWAM base and drop off my bags. it is beautiful. i got a tour of the barge that i will be having classes in. it's actually pretty cool! although, i did learn that it used to be a hotel run by the mafia and, even, a brothel.
i was very excited to hear that i will not be the youngest (as i usually am) and the majority of the DTS students are close to my age. there are 15(or so) signed up. i am very much looking forward to it!
from what i am told, the YWAM staff are looking at flats for the students to stay in. i was told that the daily commute (via walking) will be approximately 25mins to the base. i will walk that twice a day. oi!


(the above photo is one of the car i made out of my kalbasa and bread. who says you cant play with your food!?)

2 comments:

  1. punch buggie! Thats what it looks like to me. Ahh kielbassa, cheese and bread- your favorite. looks like you are fitting right in already. I knew you would. I am so excited to hear that their will be more students your age. Still the only american? Can't wait to hear more... love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyyy, i already miss youuu. hahah, i want some picturesssss

    ReplyDelete